Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Texas International Workshop and Rodeo Parade
















This past weekend I was in Houston for the Texas International Pageant contestant workshop. About 40 contestants traveled from all over the state to get some extra pointers before the pageant next month. My Mrs. sister queen Bonnie was gracious enough to have all the ladies over before the event for a brunch meet and greet. There we were all able to talk to one another in a casual setting. Afterwards when the girls headed to the workshop- Dymond, Bonnie, and I did an appearance in the Montgomery County Rodeo Parade which was in Downtown Conroe. It was great getting to spend time with my sister queens and showing off our Texas flair! After the parade we headed to the workshop and met up with the contestants who were getting lessons from some of our wonderful sponsors. There was Valerie Hayes www.valeriehayes.com who worked on interview, Misty Twellman who taught walking lessons, and Sheila Ybarra who gave all the contestants a "glam kit" and taught them how to apply the perfect pageant make up www.makeupbysheila.com (I was super excited when she used me as her make-up model)! It was a busy but great day and I was happy to finally meet many of the contestants. There are so many great girls, the judges are going to have a really tough time. But good luck to all, it is really all about your own personal journey during this time so take it in and enjoy it! :)

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Jade - I was one of the participants in the workshop and really appreciated your role as model for the makeup portion. I have similar skin issues to you, which I never would have known based on how flawless you look when you're all made up! It was really encouraging to me. Thank you!

Armoire de Collage said...

Hi Jade,
It was so good to see you again, possibly for the last time since your reign is almost over. You're duch a dynamic woman that I'm sure you'll continue to be in the public eye with all the volunteerism and charity work you do. You've been a great role model and inspiration for young women across the state. I dare say that you've raised the bar for next year's Miss Texas International.

Sincerely,

Janet Werner