Monday, October 6, 2008

Jade Monfils judges the Van Oil Pageant

This weekend I traveled to the town of Van, which is a town east of Dallas in between Canton and Tyler, Texas. The pageant started at 9:00 am with little babies and progressed into the afternoon with the teens. Since Van is such a small town, this event is the largest fundraiser for the Van Chamber of Commerce. Here I am with the pageant coordinator Andrea Walker, and the chamber president John Barker. Once I got there I was excited to see Shannon McAnally (America's Perfect Miss) and the director Miss Shirley. I have competed with her before and was so happy when I found out she won the national title. It is so exciting to see all of the cute little children, it was so hard to be a judge! Not only are these little girls beautiful, but they all had poise and did exciting talents as well. The winner did a ballet dance, while the talent winner sang with an amazing voice. Here I am with a future "Pop Star"- her career ambition just might come true. She sure has the moves! I got to converse with many different people all day. In the Miss Division- the Oil Queen is the one who will be recognized all through Van and get to appear in the town's festival and parade October 25th. Here I am with last year's Oil Queen Brittany Cotton. For lunch Andrea took us to a delicious Mexican restaurant Patron's. We had a good time getting to learn all about each other and our different stories. I met alot of people and that is what being a pageant titleholder is really about!

No comments: