Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Speaking at Charter School in Oak Cliff

I recently spoke to a group of students at a charter school in Oak Cliff, a section in West Dallas. I had about 30 minutes to speak to a group of about 50 students. The main message that I conveyed to them was to stay in school and to set high goals for yourself. Believing in yourself you can achieve anything. I also shared my story of my friend Lisa who lost her life too soon, and for them to stay off the streets, out of gangs, and to not do drugs. Even though a lot of them are so young I know that they knew just what my message was trying to get across. They all had a lot of questions for me that I was happy to answer, I am so glad that I had this opportunity to speak to them and hopefully make an impact on their life. When they get put in a bad situation I hope that they will make a better decision with the knowledge that I shared with them.

No comments: