Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Mrs. California Pageant and a week in the life of.......

This past week I was able to attend my 1st pageant event in California!! It was the Mrs. California United States Pageant, held in Thousand Oaks, CA. It was a great production, with a ballroom dancing introduction (worthy of Dancing with the Stars!), and wonderful talented women who all brought their A-game! Christy Van Der Westhuizen was the well deserving winner in the end..... I also got the chance to spend time with my director Quiana Anderson (former Ms. United States 2009) and my teen counterpart Gabby (Miss Teen California). It was a great day and I left feeling really excited that even though I miss my pageant friends back in Texas, I am making new friends here in California =) My life is feeling complete....LOL!! Other highlights of my week were that I discovered an AWESOME farmers market only 3 blocks from my apt, AND it is open 7 days a week from 9am-6pm. It not only has fresh produce, but all kinds of food stands. For those of you that may not know, I am a huge foodie and I am always looking for those "hidden gems" of authentic food cuisines (a la Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations)! Also I started my on-camera hosting classes in Hollywood. I really enjoy public speaking, being a conversationalist, and emceeing live events, and feel that the next steps would be to learn how to translate that on-camera. My class has started out really fun, focusing on different areas of on-camera work each week..... Also the California United States Pageant set up a Twitter account for me. So you can follow me @mscaus11, and I also just got in my new blog camcorder (SO EXCITED!! Now I will be posting videos up on my blog)!! That's all for now, good night!

XOXO -Jade

No comments: