Sunday, December 28, 2008

Jade Monfils at the Garland Asian Festival










I love cultural events, you get to learn about other countries and customs. Being mixed with Filipino, Chinese, French, and Indonesian. I have spent time getting to know all the unique cultures that make me who I am today. I was able to emcee the Garland Asian Festival that was held at the Saigon Mall. There were performances from the cultures of China, Japan, India, Vietnam, Philippines, Hawaii, Thailand, and Cambodia, just to name a few. It was a colorful day with many talented people that taught others about each individual culture and what makes each different. There were different booths set up for the children that had fun things like face painting, and other food booths that had snacks from many different countries. Several different awards were presented to many community leaders that have helped the Asian community here in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. I was even honored to get an award myself!

No comments: