Thursday, April 23, 2009

Jade Monfils at "Circus Day" for Isabel's Community Outreach

This past weekend I was able to take part in "Circus Day" at Isabel's Community Outreach in East Plano. The circus themed day had a raffle, face painting, cotton candy, and games. I was honored to have my own autograph table, and was touched when I was told some of the little girls came specifically that day to see me and dressed in their best! What is great about Isabel's program is that she started it 4 years ago for the Hispanic community, many of these women were uneducated and coming from abused relationships, the outreach program teaches them skills that they need to be able to survive on their own. The program has now grown to include men, and children from all different backgrounds. This very special circus day was a day for all of the students and their children to forget about their problems for one day and just have fun! I am so proud of all the women in the program, especially those that are now moving on to college to further their education!

No comments: