Saturday, October 10, 2009

Jade Monfils at Austin National Night Out
















This week I traveled to our state capital (Austin, TX). While there I attended the annual National Night Out event, whose purpose is to promote crime safety in the community and honor our law enforcement agencies. At the event was the Austin police dept, the fire department, S.W.A.T., and many other organizations dedicated to building a safer city. It was held in Chinatown with a special guest, the Austin police chopper! I helped out at the State Farm booth with the "wheel-of-prizes", signed autographs, and got to meet some great people. I even spoke with a group from the Austin Boys and Girls Club, I made sure to tell them to "stay safe and out of trouble" so that we can make Austin a safer place!!

No comments: