Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Jade Monfils Judges the Van Oil County Pageant

I was able to be a judge for my friend Andrea's pageant in Van Zandt County Texas for the 2nd year in a row. It is Andrea's last year a a director which made this year even more special. The morning part of the pageant was for babies to 4 year olds. It was such a refreshing surprise to see dads as the majority when it came to bringing the children up on stage! Here I am with an old friend Stayc who was also a judge, and who has continuously helped me on my pageant journey! We rode to Andrea's house together and had an 80's themed car ride listening to Michael Jackson songs, love it! The pageant is named the Van Oil Pageant because of the historic oil wells in the county. It is great to see little children as young as 3 and 4 with so much poise and confidence on the stage, they sure surprised me!!

No comments: