Monday, March 29, 2010

Crowning My Miss Texas International Successor
















This weekend was the 2010 Miss Texas International Pageant. I was there to crown my successor. It was a hard job for the judges, there was plenty of competition. These women are not only beautiful on the outside, but smart, and have a dedication to the community. Each contestant has a personal platform that is near to their heart. The International system is great about helping promote the woman and her platform so that she can help elevate it to a higher level. The new winner is Ashley Smith, Miss Houston and her cause is Breast Cancer Awareness. Her mother is a survivor and she will do a great job this year to help others. It was a fabulous weekend, we had orientation on Friday night and I was so moved to meet all the contestants. Many of them had touching stories about their causes and I just applaud them for being able to speak out and help others who may not have a voice. Saturday we visited the Alamo and had a Riverboat ride on the Riverwalk, and Sunday we had rehearsal all day. Each time I go to a pageant I am just amazed and inspired by everyone. It has been a great year, and I am happy to now pass on the crown! I know that Ashley will do great things this year! :)

No comments: