Friday, March 26, 2010

My Year as Miss Texas International


I have had a wonderful and fulfilling year as Miss Texas International 2009! I will be crowning my successor this Sunday March 28th, at the Scottish Rite Auditorium in San Antonio, Texas. It has been such an honor to not only hold the title for one year, but to be able to make such a difference in the lives of others. This past year I traveled over 7,000 miles across the great state of Texas. I was able to promote and advocate my personal platform of "Preventing Youth Gang Crimes: Through afterschool programs and mentoring". I also helped to raise over $600,000.00 for youth mentoring and afterschool programs, with Big Brothers and Big Sisters and the Boys and Girls Clubs. I just wanted to say "thank you" to all of my sponsors and supporters! Without all of you I would not have been able to fulfill my dreams!

No comments: