Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Jade Monfils at the Farmers Branch Bea's Kids Location

After partnering with Bea's Kids, an after-school tutoring center that provides a safe environment for students to go to when school gets out, I was inclined to attend another one of their locations in Farmers Branch. While there, I was in the 4th and 5th grade classroom helping them with homework. One young lady was having trouble with math (my favorite subject!) even though it has been years since doing storybook problems, it all started to come back to me! She shared with me her love of all things Hannah Montana! Once the younger ones left, I spoke with the high school students and helped them do a group crossword puzzle on U.S. Presidents (which was actually a lot harder than I you might think!). The young kids were so funny, they said "Please don't go to any of the other Bea's kids. We want to feel special because you only came here". I let them know that they were special anyway and gave them an autograph card to remember the day by. :)

No comments: