Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Jade Monfils at the Billiard's Ball benefiting the Boys and Girls Club

I was so honored to attend the Boys and Girls Club of Greater Dallas's annual Billiard's Ball. It is the one of the organizations biggest events of the year. It was an honor to be in the presence of such established people, Dallas's own Mayor Leppert, former Cowboys quarterback Roger Staubach, and many others. But the real enjoyment was raising over $3000 in sponsorship money for the kids. I had my own table, situated near the entrance, which had different sponsorship levels. An individual could buy 1 hour of tutoring for one child for $25, all the way to a college scholarship for $5000. It was amazing to realize that to keep one child in the program for one year costs roughly $1250 in the city of Dallas. The volunteer coordinator Carolyn was amazing she invited me to stay for the dinner, that was hosted by 102.9's Victoria Snee. I look forward to partnering with her as well as others to promote my platform on an even higher level this year!!

No comments: