Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Back to School Bash at Isabel's Outreach Center











Saturday was an exciting day, I went out to Isabel's community outreach center where they were celebrating all the kids going back to school and giving out school supplies. Many of these kids come from families that are not able to provide supplies for them. The supplies (and backpacks!) where graciously donated, 4 bikes were even raffled off, and I got to do the drawing! After lunch there were guest speakers to talk to the kids about their professions (we had a nurse, geologist, accountant) and how if they study hard that they can be whatever they want to be. I was honored to speak on behalf of my job as a designer. It put a smile on my face when all the kids, even ones that couldn't even speak yet raised their hands and said that they to wanted to be an apparel designer!! :)

No comments: