Monday, August 3, 2009

Jade Monfils emcee's the Miss and Teen Asian America Texas Pageant

Saturday I emceed the Miss and Teen Asian America Texas Pageant. It was held at the Dallas Center for the Performing Arts. There were a number of talented young ladies in the group. My favorite part about cultural pageants are the talents and cultural costume presentation. The winner of the Miss division is Chinmayi Ghatrazu an accomplished young woman who performed a classical Indian dance called "Kathak". Throughout the night I was able to talk with Angie Chen Button a Texas State Representative and Addison Mayor Joe Chow. I was also excited to meet Cam Tran a Anchor/Reporter for KTXS-TV, the ABC affiliate in West Texas. With so many well rounded women, I know that the judges had a difficult time choosing just one!

No comments: