Sunday, June 14, 2009

Jade Monfils at the Boys and Girls Club Fundraiser

Friday night was the Boys and Girls Clubs annual Texas Hold Em Tournament, where all proceeds go towards the afterschool club. It was held at the W Hotel and I got to work the "Fund the Need" board. I previously helped out with this board at the Billiard Ball held back in March as Miss Dallas. I was excited to share with all the board members, presidents, and volunteers about my recent win in San Antonio. They had previously told me that they fully support me and my cause and wished me luck back in March, so I was happy that I made them proud and brought home the title! Basically the "Fund the Need" board is made up of different levels of sponsorship that an individual can purchase, they get to choose what they want their money to go toward and what is important to them. $25 will pay for one hour of one on one tutoring for one student, $50 will pay for their school supplies, and $100 will pay for a field trip for about 15 students- this covers the van expense and gas money. I had several people donate to the $250 fund, which covers sports equipment for one sport like basketball, in one club (this will pay for the basketballs and jerseys), because sports were so important to them growing up. There was also $1250 donations available which pays to keep one child in the club for one school year. I love being able to raise money for this needed program, and being around so many other people and organizations that also have these kids in mind!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

We have just added your latest post "Jade Monfils at the Boys and Girls Club Fundraiser" to our Directory of Sports. You can check the inclusion of the post here . We are delighted to invite you to submit all your future posts to the directory and get a huge base of visitors to your website.


Warm Regards

Sportstrove.info Team

http://www.sportstrove.info