Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Jade Monfils visits the North Dallas Bea's Kids

On my lunch break I visited Bea's Kids North Dallas location. I had stopped by before as "Wednesday's Winner" back in January, and Vosica the director of the branch said that the kids have been asking about me and what I have been up to. I wanted to stop by and share with them the story about my recent win in San Antonio, and make sure that they were still working on their own "dreams". I was excited to see that there were 4 interns helping out, who are currently Juniors and Seniors in high school. I congratulated them on being active in their communities, because I remember when I was volunteering at my local Boys and Girls Club during my high school years. The kids are now off from school during the summer, and the program runs for a couple hours a day in the afternoon. They get a healthy sack lunch, and I had to remind them that they should be eating things that are good for them and getting plenty of exercise (ex. kickball, hopscotch, or basketball). Being healthy and adopting good habits will lead them to a life time of good health!

No comments: