Thursday, July 30, 2009

Miss International Pageant '09 in Chicago!!


Where can I even start about pageant week at Nationals? Well...... the week started out on Sunday when I arrived in Skokie with my parents, on Sunday night we met up with my Godmother who lives in Chicago and ate a delicious Italian dinner in Niles. I have not seen her in 20 years, so it was great to be able to spend sometime with her. She ended up giving me a gorgeous Tiffany's necklace, saying that "Every girl should have something from Tiffany's". Monday was orientation where I got to meet all the girls in the Miss division. EVERYONE was a sweetheart! Tuesday we woke up bright and early and headed to the Boys and Girls Club in Chicago!! This was my favorite visit! We met all the kids and made crafts, played games, and signed autographs. With my platform directly relating to the Boys and Girls club, I was so excited that I was able to see another club outside of Texas. Then we ate lunch at the Navy Pier and walked around signing autographs for the kids on field trips for summer camp. From there 10 of us were selected to participate in a fashion show at the Water Tower Center in downtown Chicago. We were fitted for 3 looks at Betsy Johnson, Cusp, and Custo Barcelona. Then we had out hair done at Vidal Sassoon and make-up by Bare Essentials. After the show we were whisked away in 2 limos back to the hotel, just in time for dinner. Wednesday we went to the Skokie library to take a tour, it is an amazing library with SOOOO many amenities for its patrons. They have it set up with a similar layout as a Barnes and Nobles, I just had to ask where their Starbucks was........ they said that they were still working on that part! After wards we rehearsed and ate dinner with the Teen group. I was glad that I was there with my Teen Dymond (go Texas!!) and that we were able to share the experience together. Thursday was interview, with my time at 11:30, so I didn't have to get up too early! Then we had rehearsal and watched the Teen Prelims later on that night. Friday was rehearsal again and our Miss Prelims were that night. Saturday was rehearsal again and the Top 10 got to compete. The winner was Miss Southeast, Erin Golden, who is as beautiful on the inside as out. Sunday I spent the day with my Mom, Dad, Garee, and cousin Jacob. We went to eat the famous Chicago deep dish pizza, and went to the Navy Pier to just relax by the water. It was an amazing week, and I am so glad that I got to meet so many inspiring young women. After reflecting on my experience, I wouldn't change anything. One saying that I always remember is that "All crowns are different, yours can be made of rhinestones, or the growth of your heart".............

No comments: