Thursday, July 2, 2009

SMART Girls Healthy Nutrition and Healthy Body Image Class











For the 3rd installment of my SMART Girls class we talked about nutrition and eating healthy, at the same time I wanted to discuss healthy body weights. Since the class is made up of younger girls I try to keep it light and fun. We started out by having a "tea party" with out the tea and just snacks. I brought snacks like mango, avocado, peanuts, peas, corn, green beans, pineapple, peaches, & strawberries. I brought them because a lot of the girls had never tried certain things and I wanted to make sure that they knew what it tasted like before they said that they didn't like it. If they still didn't like it, then we both knew that at least they had tried it. After that we played a game, I laid out about 30 different pictures of celebrities, and each of them were to choose 1 body type that they thought was healthy and 1 that was not healthy. Then we went around the room and discussed what they thought. There were a couple of girls that thought that the too skinny girls looked "healthy", but the majority of them had a good perspective. Here is a picture of some of my girls with their "healthy weight" choices!! :) Each week I let a different girl wear my crown and another my sash. I already have my waiting list and can't wait till our next class!

No comments: